Get A Smile Makeover With Cosmetic Dentistry
If your grin isn’t exactly in peak condition, you’ll need to take care of the more pressing issue of oral health before you can improve the appearance of your chompers. If you’re ready to turn your smile around, call Hellertown Dental Group at (610) 838-0131 to learn how we can improve the health of your smile with general dentistry, then make it beautiful with cosmetic dentistry!
At our Hellertown, PA dentist office, Dr. Ann Hunsicker-Morrissey and our skilled team of dental professionals offer a wide range of dental treatments for patients of all ages. We love helping patients improve and maintain the health of their teeth and mouths.
But what really excites our patients is the ways in which we can improve the look of their smiles. After we help you attain a healthy mouth, we can help you turn your dream smile into a reality so you can:
- Smile wide and proud when you’re taking selfies or getting a group portrait taken
- Feel more confident when you are making first impressions
- Enjoy compliments about your appearance from friends and loved ones
Get Healthy Teeth, Then Improve Them With Cosmetic Dentistry
If you oral health isn’t good, we can’t start by improving cosmetic problems. Let’s use a car as a metaphor for this situation.
If your car was all rusted up, there wouldn’t be much point in giving your ride a new paint job. No matter the color of your car, your car would still be noticeably damaged underneath that new coat of paint. Similarly, if your teeth had cavities, you wouldn’t want to brighten your pearly whites with a teeth whitening treatment before addressing the rust and its cause with a tooth filling.
Here’s another example: if the engine on your car wasn’t functioning properly, would you get your car towed to a place to get a full detail before fixing the mechanical problem? Of course not. Likewise, if you were suffering from severe periodontal disease, you wouldn’t get a tooth bonding procedure done before fixing the infection with a gum disease treatment.
One more situation should help drive the point home. If the chassis of your hot rod was all bent out of shape, you wouldn’t install neon accents or a carbon fiber hood before ensuring the structural integrity was up to snuff. Comparably, if you had a serious alignment issue with your teeth, you wouldn’t come visit us for a set of dental veneers to make your smile pop before giving your chompers a healthy shape with an orthodontics treatment.
To help you get a healthy set of teeth and gums, we can provide a variety of general dentistry treatments, such as:
- Gum disease treatment to give your chompers a healthy foundation
- Tooth fillings to stop tooth decay in its tracks and restore the healthy shape of your teeth
- Root canals to get rid of infection inside the nerves and soft tissue (pulp) of teeth
- TMJ treatment using a custom mouthguard so you can stop grinding your teeth and putting undue pressure on them
To maintain your good oral health, be sure to visit our Hellertown, PA dentist office every six months for a thorough dental cleaning and exam – it’s why we created our Dental Membership Plan. We’ll catch issues and fix them while they are still small and easily manageable. In between cleanings you should use an electric toothbrush and floss regularly.
Once your whole mouth is healthy and free of decay and other issues, we can discuss your smile goals and the various cosmetic treatments we offer that can help you attain them. If you have any questions, just let us know. We can even discuss the steps of any procedure you are interested in so you’ll know exactly what to expect.
Because every patient has unique smile flaws and aspirations, we offer a variety of cosmetic dentistry options. Here are just a few:
- Dental veneers, which are thin tooth-colored shells that completely cover the front of teeth, concealing chips, cracks, and much more
- Professional teeth whitening that we can provide using an in-office or take-home option to put the pearl back in your pearly whites
- Tooth bonding to cover up minor flaws like stains, chips, and much more
- Orthodontics services to straighten teeth, including traditional braces, Invisalign, and more
Take the first step to getting a healthy, gorgeous grin by calling Hellertown Dental Group at (610) 838-0131 for all your general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry needs. You can also stop by our Hellertown, PA dentist office that is conveniently located right on Main Street in person or use our handy online form to schedule or ask questions.