Have you lost your smile due to age, bad luck, or a combination of both? We have some great news for you. There is a way get your smile back! Dentures from top-rated Hellertown, PA dentist at Hellertown Dental Group can give you back the smile that was taken from you.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures at Hellertown Dental Group Read Transcript
We do make a lot of dentures to replace patient's missing teeth, but we also do the implant supported dentures, which the patients just love. They hold the denture in place much better, almost makes it feel almost like your natural teeth, and it really increases the patient's quality of life because they can now eat things that with their old denture they weren't able to bite into without the denture slipping around or moving. We've had a lot of success and a lot of really good feedback from our patients about their implants and dentures.
What Types Of Dentures Are Available At Hellertown Dental Group?
There are three types of dentures that are available at Hellertown Dental Group.
- Full – This is a full arch of teeth. That means this type of denture will replace all of the teeth on either your upper or lower jaw, or both. You will have to wait several weeks to get your permanent pair of dentures, so your Hellertown, PA dentist may fit you with a temporary set to tie you over until your permanent set is ready.
- Partial – A partial denture will replace the teeth in a select area of your mouth. You will still have many of your original teeth, and the partial will fill out your smile so that there are no open spaces.
- Temporary – As mentioned, a temporary set of dentures is meant to be just that, temporary. They will fill in your smile and allow you to eat while you wait for your final pair. However, your gums will get smaller following the removal of your teeth, so your temporary set of dentures will eventually become loose. This can cause irritation to your gums as the dentures shift while you talk and eat, which is why we must create a custom pair after your mouth has adjusted.
Are Dentures Better Than Implants?
Implants are an alternative to traditional dentures, but they have also been integrated into the application of dentures. So neither one is necessarily better than the other. In fact, each person’s situation will dictate which option is better at any point in time. The two types of dentures with dental implants that we offer are:
- Implant-Retained – This type of denture will have dental implants that hold it into place. The implants will snap into the base of your denture and secure it in your mouth. This gives you the stability of implants and the benefit of a full smile from your denture arch. The implants play an important role in minimizing the bone loss that normally accompanies the loss of natural teeth.
- Implant-Supported – Your denture will still be held in your mouth by dental implants, but instead of snapping into the base of them, your denture will be supported by dental implants that have a bar that clips onto the back of them. The bar will be bonded to your denture arch to provide a secure, no-slip fit when you are eating and talking to people.