When you have a small problem with your house, you don’t tear the house down and build another one. You fix the problem. Veneers are kind of like that. When you have a small, cosmetic problem with your teeth, you don’t have them extracted, you fix them with veneers from trusted Hellertown, PA dentist at Hellertown Dental Group: Dr. Hunsicker-Morrissey, a Penn State University alumna.
What Are Veneers?
A dental veneer from Hellertown Dental Group is a thin layer of material that is placed on the front side of your tooth. Think of it like a fingernail for your teeth. Your Hellertown, PA dentist, Dr. Hunsicker-Morrissey, at Hellertown Dental Group will match the color of your veneer to the color of the teeth around it so that it will blend into your smile. We may recommend doing a whitening treatment before your veneer is bonded into place. Once the veneer has been applied, it will not get any whiter than that. So, make sure you are happy with the color of your teeth, because your veneer will be that color for its entire life (5-10 or more years).
What Do Veneers Fix?
Veneers are amazingly versatile when it comes to what they can correct. Some examples are:
- Cracks – Small cracks in your tooth may not require a crown to fix them. In these cases, a veneer is ideal. The veneer will act as a cosmetic solution while also stabilizing the tooth to prevent further damage.
- Chips – Chips happen from all kinds of things. A chip does not require a crown, so a dental veneer is much more suited to this situation. Veneers are more durable than dental bonding, which is sometimes used to correct small chips. Your veneer will correct this flaw in your tooth and blend in perfectly thanks to the digital color-matching system we will use.
- Discolorations – You may suffer from deep dental stains that are not able to be cleared up with a whitening treatment. These types of stains often are the result of antibiotics or a medical condition. Dental veneers can cover those stains and return your smile to its naturally white state.
- Misshapen Teeth – Some teeth are just not shaped the way they are supposed to be. Orthodontics can’t help you with this problem, but veneers can. The veneer can be molded to correct the shape of your tooth and give your smile the appearance you desire.
- Gaps – Why spend years in braces to fix a small gap that can easily be fixed with a dental veneer from your favorite Hellertown, PA dentist? By placing a correctly sized veneer or two veneers, Dr. Hunsicker-Morrissey will be able to close the gap and get your smile back on track.
What Types Of Veneers Does Hellertown Dental Group Offer?
Top Hellertown, PA dentist offers two types of veneers:
Porcelain – This is a standard material for a dental veneer. The porcelain reflects light in a way that will mimic the look of your natural teeth, helping your veneers to go unnoticed by those around you.
Lumineers – All veneers require enamel to be removed before being applied. Lumineers, however, require less. The secret is in how thin a Lumineers veneer is. The process of preparing the tooth for application requires much less enamel to be taken off, leaving your tooth stronger and possibly healthier.
Call Hellertown Dental Group today to find out if your problem can be easily solved with the help of dental veneers. You can reach our Hellertown, PA dentist, Dr. Hunsicker-Morrissey at 610-628-9337 to schedule your appointment, or you can use our online form.